Wednesday, September 15, 2010
- Name: Welwyn-on-books
- Location: London, Ontario, Canada
I'm about 5 ft 7 inches, with naturally red hair and gray/green eyes, pale skin and freckles. A long time ago I taught high school math, but then I took a leave of absence to see if I could write. Two years later I still didn't know. But I did know that I did not want to go back to teaching math; I wanted to keep writing. Four years later I had my first book published (not the long one I foolishly started with; it never was published). Since then I've had ten novels published in more than a dozen languages. In 2003 I had a car accident, and haven't been able to write novels since. But I've thought a lot about writing and what I wanted to do with it one day, and right now I want to try to help other writers not to make the mistakes I did. Without my husband, I wouldn't be able to create this blog. He's a brilliant pianist too, and sometimes on flute I'll riff along with his more jazzy piano.That's sort of how I see this blog developing, with me riffing along in words to your melody, or vice versa. Come as often as you like, and we'll have some fun!
- Your Readerly Laugh for the Day
- The Book and the Game Warden.
- How to Avoid Butt-Chair
- The hare seeks posts.
- One Day After
- A Review: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Al...
- Review: The Mahabharata by William Buck
- Problem with Comments Solved, I think: Comments an...
- The Devil Came Down To Georgia like a Bird on a Wi...
- CONTEST!! The Annual Autumnal Precis (pronounced ...